As we begin to return to normal operations, we want to let our patients know all the things we’re doing to keep you and your families safe. Ellettsville Dental Center has always been committed to our patients’ health and safety – now we’re in overdrive!
Our office follows all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and ensure our protocols are up-to-date. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you by text or phone beforehand to ask for some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you stay in your vehicle and respond to the text sent to you. You may also call to let us know you’ve arrived. Signs are posted with our phone number.
- If we’re ready to seat you, you’ll be asked come into the office. If not, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle until we can bring you to the treatment area.
- Please wear a mask or face covering while in the non-treatment areas of our practice
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. However, we do offer kids a box of crayons and coloring pages that they may keep, and they may bring their own toys.
- You will be asked to wash your hands and to use a special mouth rinse, and also we ask that you wash your hands and rinse with an ADA accepted rinse when entering the operatory
- We use medical-grade disinfectants and cleaners shown to eliminate bacteria and viruses, including the coronavirus.
- All instruments are sterilized using OSHA-approved methods between each patient. Instrument carriers are equipped with indicators that show they have reached the proper temperature during the sterilization process.
- Many of our instruments and supplies are designed for single use. Once used, they are immediately disposed of safely.
- Sterilization equipment is maintained and certified on a weekly basis.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Common areas like reception furniture, door-knobs, restrooms, entertainment, and prize areas are all regularly cleaned and sterilized to prevent disease spread outside of the practice.
- We have safety protocols in place in the event that our patients or dental team are exposed to coronavirus.
- We will be wearing a lot more gear! Expect to see all of us in masks, gowns, hair covers and face shields.
- If you have any questions, or would like to make an appointment, please call our office at 812-876-7330..
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Team at Ellettsville Dental Center